Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I got me a personal trainer!!

Today I met Deanna, my personal trainer, at the gym. She told me she was very excited for me. Her approach is to get me as strong as I can be. She was very thoughtful about the exercises she was setting me up to do. She is very aware that I need to be as fit as I can be in 5 weeks time and is aware of the demands of the trip. I can definitely feel the core exercises tonight as I sit and blog. She seemed quite surprised at my strength. We have an appointment on the 12th of September to add more advanced exercises. I will go three times a week to do the weights with Saturday and Sunday off. I am to work up to 45 minutes cardio on the bike or eliptical to build strength in my legs. She said I should also bring my pack in to wear on the treadmil. Deanna advised that I do a couple of very long walks a couple of times before I go. I think I will set dates soon so I can look forward to them and plan the routes, rain or shine.
Yesterday I went to Edmonton and shopped at Mountain Equipment Coop. Picked up a waist pack,(not sure if that is what I want), galoshes, hydro pack, 2 hooks for pack, lightweight towel. Today I picked up a green poncho, some underwear, and workout socks for the gym. I am feeling good about the clothes I have purchased so far. I will need to pick up a fleece pullover for cool nights. Still wondering about rain pants. I will have to dig in my storage unit to see if I can find some.



No comments:

Post a Comment